This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, contacts and all other persons about whom Mark Kaiser Art holds information. By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” means Mark Kaiser Art, and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
What we collect
- your name;
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
- your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code;
- when browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type, location and language;
- information related to your attendance of, and interest in, Mark Kaiser Art events and art fairs;
- information about you that you give us in person at our events and art fairs, by filling in forms on our website, www.markkaiserart.com and www.www.markkaiserart.co.uk (e.g. sign up to our mailing list), or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise; and information in relation to your purchase of our art work or use of our services.
How we collect information about you
- collecting information you give to us when you purchase any art work or visit us at each art fair;
- your use of the forms on our website.
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
- keep you informed about new art work, news and events that we think you may find interesting;
- communicate with you;
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- keep our site safe and secure;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
- for security and to check your identity.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on Mark Kaiser Art business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; (iv) for our own marketing and research, including identifying potential customers, artists, press and other contacts, and to provide the relevant information about artists, events, and other activities; (v) to prevent fraud and dishonest behaviour.
Sharing your information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
At any time, you have the right, in line with GDPR:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- to restrict processing of your personal data under the conditions of Article 18 GDPR;
- to data portability (moving some of your personal data to another entity) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your personal data being processed when it is used for profiling or direct marketing, plus in certain circumstances explained further in Article 21 GDPR; and
- to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
We will endeavour to respond to your requests within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. In case of very complex requests, this period may be extended by a further two months. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject once we have been able to establish your identity, which can for example be achieved by sending us the request from the email address that we hold.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address email@example.com.
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about Mark Kaiser Art news, events, art fairs and products. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link included in each electronic mailing we send you.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such email or other communication from being sent to you by firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This may involve us reviewing our files from time to time to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Sites
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or email address.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, or another European Data Protection Authority that might in your particular case be competent, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto a computer or device when a user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions.
What cookies are used on this website?
Here is a list of the cookies used on the Mark Kaiser Art website, and what they are used for:
Used to collect information about how users navigate this website. We use this information to analyse usage of the website so that we can continually work to add new features and improve users’ experience of it.
The cookies collect information such as the number of visitors to the site, which pages they visited and where they came to the site from. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify users personally.
Used to collect information about a user’s session and to store information about the contents of a user’s cart across sessions.
Facebook tracking pixels are used to enable us to deliver more targeted Facebook advertising.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.